If you work with SQL Server sooner or later you will be looking for a good sql search tool that allows you to search through all the objects and the code in a sql server database to find a certain stored procedure or a certain function or a trigger or a view or a table etc. We have two great tools that I use on a regular bases and that you should find very helpful too:
xSQL Documenter - this one was not intended as a sql search tool but I find it very convenient to use for that purpose. Especially helpful are the color coded dependency graphs that are shown for each object and allow you to easily navigate through the dependency tree and locate the object you are after.
- a completely free sql search tool
- a sql search tool that does not need to be installed - just a simple, stand alone executable that has no dependencies of any sort
- a sql search tool that allows you to search in all databases in a sql server at once
- a sql search tool that allows you to search for a given phrase in the name of the object, in the definition of the object or in both;
- a sql search tool that allows you to use matching criteria such as "contains", "exact match", "sql expression", "regular expression" etc.