xSQL Data Compare V9 comes with a Data Compare Command Line Wizard that makes automating the data synchronization process a breeze:
- Run the xSQL Data Compare Command Line Wizard which you will find under All Programs / xSQL Software;
- Follow the intuitive configuration steps to completion (you will end up with an xml config file); You can choose whether the database synchronization script will be executed or not.
- Create a simple batch file that calls "xSQLDataCmd.exe YourXMLConfi,xml" and does whatever else you might need it to do like archiving old sync scripts etc.
- Schedule a job that executes the batch file daily or however often you might want to.
What do you need this for? There are multiple scenarios where this would come in handy:
- synchronizing your web database with your internal databases, like updating inventories, updating orders, updating order status, updating customer lists etc.
- synchronizing your branch office databases with your central repository;
- restoring a particular table or column(s) in case of a mishap.
Best of all: the xSQL Data Compare is completely free for SQL Server Express, no strings attached. That may change in the future but for now enjoy using it!