Both of the SQL Compare bundle tools, Schema Compare and Data Compare provide a very simple and intuitive interface that allows you to reduce the operation of comparing the schemas of two databases or the data contained in them, into a single click.
- choose the object types you may wish to include or exclude from the comparison
- select the comparison options if the default options do not satisfy the requirements of your use-case
- select scripting options
- maybe set some object filters in the case of Schema Compare
- select comparison keys in the case of Data Compare when the tables you are comparing do not have a primary key defined or a unique index
- maybe set row filters in the case of Data Compare.